Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jen

I realize it's been a long time since I've written...and here's why. A good friend of mine, Jen, had a stroke the day after I got home from Fitness Ridge and was life flighted to Salt Lake. She has been in the hospital there ever since. She has a rare blood disease and fell into Locked In Syndrome. She died on Monday morning. I'm really struggling with losing her.
I've had a lot of emotional issues for the past 6 months to a year and she was the person I talked to every single time I felt depressed. I've never known anyone who understood quite like her. And since I've been feeling very depressed about losing her, I needed her more than ever.
Jen's husband, Darren, is an incredibly strong, brave man and he has peace based on his faith that Jen is in heaven. I believe she is too and that helps but I selfishly want her to be here now.
The last communication I had with Jen was her post on my blog, I think on the 3rd day I was in Fitness Ridge. This is the last thing she ever said to me:
"I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished so far...you are AmAzINg!! Just remember all of us back home are rooting for your success! You are an inspiration to me :)
Love you! Jen"
She was amazing and supportive and I miss her so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment