Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mmmm...

A friend of mine sent me a link to a recipe she was going to make tonight and I think it looks amazing, so I will be trying this sometime in the next week. Here's the link:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-corn-chowder-shrimp-50400000114422/

You'll see the calories are really low and hopefully Sera will comment and let us know how it turned out.
Since I've been back from Fitness Ridge and been losing weight, my family has asked me to cook for them quite a bit. I've also had people over for dinner a few times and I feel a responsibility to show people that healthy food can also be delicious. One of my favorite recipes to use for family or guests is the Caribbean Shrimp Salad with Lime Vinaigrette from Cooking Light. Here's the link.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/caribbean-shrimp-salad-with-lime-vinaigrette-10000001696589/

I chop and prepare everything except the avocado earlier in the day and then slice the avocado and assemble the salad right before serving. It's so nice to have it done. So far, I haven't had a single complaint.
If anyone reading this blog has any recipes they'd like to share, just post them in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved it. Greg thought it was good...but not as good as I did. He felt like it was a winter meal and I felt like it was a good summer dish. He did say it was a very filling meal. The only thing that the reviews said to do on cooking light online was to add more broth (I did and I agree). 285 calories of a BIG bowl of soup, and you still have calories left over for salad and a piece of bread! How can you lose? I am gonna try your salad next week!
    Sera

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it next week!

    ReplyDelete