Monday, August 1, 2011

Well, Okay.

I've been putting off writing on this blog for a long time. I just don't see why anyone would want to read anything I write. But I've decided to start trying to do one thing each day that I've been putting off and this was the obvious. So, here goes.

Today I ran to the park with my puppy, threw the ball, walked around and played with him. Then I started running back home. Maybe 5 yards into my return run, I tripped and fell flat on my face. I screamed out from the pain and, mainly, the shock. There was no one else out so I just lay there with my face on the hot concrete to catch my breath. It seemed like 2 seconds later that a car pulled up and asked if I was okay. I jumped to my feet while the guy got out of the driver seat to come help me. I said I was fine and thanked them. Then I limped on, embarrassed. I skinned my right knee and was bleeding and the outside of my left foot hurt to put pressure on it. I was disappointed to not be able to finish my run. I looked up to the sky and saw two clouds, one slightly in front of the other. Light shone out between the clouds reminding me of God looking down from heaven. Out loud I laughed and said "well, okay" and started running again. It hurt but it felt good to push through.

3 comments:

  1. I have made a resolution to attempt one Cooking Light recipe (exactly as the recipe reads) a week. I am doing my first one tonight. This will be pretty tough for me because I improvise all the time. I am going to do bacon shrimp corn chowder. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-corn-chowder-shrimp-50400000114422/
    Sera

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you read what you write. dont give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love *to* read what you write

    ReplyDelete