Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 10

Another Wednesday, and this one was so much better than last week. I woke up this morning with my knee and thigh still hurting. I took some advil and decided I could make it through the hike as long as I took it a little slower. Breakfast was "french toast" with eggs and sausage. That was NOT french toast. I remain unimpressed by breakfast here but lunch and dinner more than makes up for it.


I had the stop sign hike again. It's 4.3 miles on pavement uphill the whole way. My knee hurt but I made it to the top.
Some rocks on the hike:


Me at the top.

When we got back from the hike I went to a pool class and then it was time for lunch. I LOVED the beet soup, but I really like beets anyway.


Everyone loved the pizza. It was pesto and sun-dried tomatoes and it was wonderful.


Sophia happy about her herbal tea.


After lunch we had a lecture on Emotional Eating from the life coach, Jen.


Her lectures are extremely helpful to me and she's funny. She actually was overweight and went through the program here so she knows exactly how we feel.
After lunch our classes were pool, kickboxing and Mountain. I was just exhausted by the time the day was over.
Lunch was a cafe salad. It had chicken, rice, black beans, lettuce, onion and cucumber all on a big tortilla. I ate a lot of the lettuce and then wrapped it up in the tortilla like a burrito. I put a little bit of siracha on it and it was delicious.


Dessert was mango-banana sorbet. I really liked it and plan on learning how to make it at home.
After dinner we had a lecture on dining out and how to make healthier decisions at restaurants.
Aside from my hurt knee and ankle, it was a pretty uneventful day. I'm loving all of the exercise and most of the food and I'm mentally preparing to go home and continue this new lifestyle with my husband in the real world.
For those of you who will see me right when I get home, remember this isn't the tv show. I'm not going to look much different right away (except I'm tan). This is a lifestyle change and it will take some time. I'm finally okay with that.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time! Another beautiful hike! Glad you pushed through the day with your injuries. Keep on workin hard and having fun. Give your knee and ankle some TLC and get some rest. Have a wonderful Thursday! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to write on yesterday's that it is wonderful that you won and that your roomate got you the cookbooks. The food looks wonderful! You are so inspiring. I was sitting here a minute ago thinking about food and what I could snack on. After reading your words I reevaluated and decided that I am not hungry, just bored. So I am passing. ;) you are doing so well! I love reading sbout your experiences!! Take care! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are hurt! What a bummer. I bet the water exercise is a relief right now! Sounds like you are staying strong despite the injury. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete