Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 7 - Answering Questions and Resources

I have some free time today so I'm going to answer some questions and give resources to people who may want them (like Sera). First of all, the chef here is Chef Cameron Payne. You can become his friend on Facebook and he posts some recipes from the resort. He also will answer any question you ask within a few hours.
Emily, our nutritionist, adds a lot of posts to the resort's blog and has some really great information. I would definitely suggest looking through it. Here's the address. http://blog.biggestloserresort.com/

Okay...now to respond to some of your comments.

Mom and Dad - I am so thankful for this opportunity and there is no way I could ever thank you enough for everything, including the unconditional support. I'm going to do a pool workout today because my ankle is really hurting me. Of course I passed on In N Out! I didn't even get coffee at the art festival while I was in a coffee shop. Very proud of that. It's insanely beautiful here, especially on the hikes. Big hugs to you and Dad! I think it's so cute that you guys stop what you're doing to read my blog.

Sera - I definitely plan on trying Zumba again. Next week I'm going to remember to not wear my very least flattering outfit on Friday. Where do you take Zumba classes? Kickboxing here isn't punching and kicking the air. We get to actually hit bags. I love it. I had a lot more aggression than I thought.

Brigette - I'm so happy you're reading! How's your little boy? I miss you! I'm waiting for my new roomie to get here right now. I will fill you all in later about her.

Gram - Thanks so much for riding here with me! Are you coming back with me?
Sharon said...

Sarah - Your comments usually make me tear up! I love you so much. What is Pachangas? Keep in mind, I'm only running 5.5 mph for one minute at a time but hopefully I will extend that today. I would love to run with you!

Tera - I would love to go hiking with you! I'll be going a few times a week at home starting next week. Can't wait to get Guinness out there! The Hippo Mouth rock was awesome! I collect hippos so I wanted to bring it home. Too heavy though.

Julie - Congratulations on coming here to Fitness Ridge. It will be a life changing experience that you will never forget. I was very scared when I got here but it's amazing what just one week can do.

B - The peach cobbler was big! Sometimes I'm really surprised by how much food we get. I guess they know what they're doing because 1200 calories really CAN be enough if it's the right foods. It's just a big adjustment for the first couple of days. After that, the food part isn't that hard. It will be more work at home, of course. There I will have to cook. I love you so so much and miss you! Can't wait to help you whip yourself into shape too! Thank you for taking such good care of our babies.

Moo - You are such a sweet, wonderful woman. I love you so much. I think it's amazing that you're training for a marathon. You are so incredibly strong!

Malynda - Kiss Grayson for me! I can't wait to share what I've learned with you when I get back. I really think that a lot of it we can do together.

Jen - Thank you for reading. It's so sweet that you guys are rooting for me!

Russ - I'd be happy to teach everyone everything I've learned.

Nicole - How are you doing? I haven't talked to you in forever! You should definitely look up that Chef. His food is amazing!

Taryn - I love you too! I played water volleyball yesterday and thought of you. BTW, still am really horrible at it, but I played!

Paige - It IS beautiful! You're going to have to hike with me when I get back!

Dana - Sad you left me! How's it all going back home so far?

Karen - When you finally get home to Florida and read this. I miss you!

6 comments:

  1. I went up City Creek this week and it is pretty dry now. I would love to hike up there a few mornings a week. We should grab Tera, the pups and go! Good luck with the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really can't wait to hike with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I started reading the the biggest loser blog a few days ago :) I will friend Chef Cameron Payne. I have SOOOO so many more questions, as you well know... But they can wait till you come back. I take Zumba at the YMCA in Idaho Falls. I have only been to two of the classes, but I really like it. Darci and I have tried to go 3 other times and the class is always cancelled for one reason or another. We are going to try again tomorrow night! Thinking about you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sera! Feel free to ask questions. I'll always answer. See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie-have a great second week at the resort. Work hard and rest well. I'll keep reading your blog! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome! And by the way I only run about 5mph too. ;) love ya!

    ReplyDelete