Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 13 - Shoop

So I didn't write last night because it was graduation and we hung out for a long time after. By the time everything was over I could barely keep my eyes open. That was about 11 pm, which is crazy for me because before I came I was going to bed around 3 am every night.
So, here's the menu for yesterday:
There was no Yoga because it was Saturday so I got up a little later and went to breakfast. Really great fruit plate today.

This frittata with guacamole was the best breakfast I've had here. It was pretty good.


After breakfast it was time for the hike. We got to choose our hike today and I chose the only one I hadn't done, which had petrogliffs on it. It was an easy hike but the petrogliffs were really cool.


This is pepper grass. It's supposed to taste like pepper when you chew it but I think it tastes likes horseradish.
View from the top of my hike.

When we got back from the hike we only had one more class. I did water volleyball. Jessica was on my team and I warned her I was awful at it. I celebrated every time I even touched the ball and she would coach and say "That was good, but next time let's try hitting it". I did hit it over the net once or twice. It was a lot of fun though. When it was time for lunch everyone got out of the pool except Jessica and Travis (who works here). They played and splashed eachother for another hour and we all teased that he was flirting with her but she denies it.

We had carrot soup at lunch. I thought it was going to be bad but it was pretty good.

We also had turkey tacos, which were really good, especially with some Siracha. I've learned to put Siracha on EVERYTHING.

After lunch I sat in the hot tub for a few minutes and then Jessica, Julie, Allie, Sophia and I went to the little art community, Kayenta. There was sidewalk art everywhere. This baby chick was done by Avalon and Jordan, a married couple in their 20s who are hiking guides here.

In one of the shops Jessica tried on all of the scarves.

We asked the lady in this shop to take our picture. From left to right is Sophia, me, Allie, Jessica and Julie.
Jessica tried to sit in this metal chair and fell off of it.

Sophia loved this metal horse.
After Kayenta we went to Walgreens for sugar free gum. Then we came back to the resort for dinner. We had a chicken rice bowl with lots of vegetables. It was wonderful, as usual.

This is Erin, who is leaving now after being here for 8 weeks and Jen, the life coach. Jen's lectures have really been amazing and helped me to tap in to a lot of the things about myself that I've been avoiding thinking about. I really love her.

Dessert. Chocolate is a really big deal here.

Tiffany is one of the trainers.

After dinner we watched the video of the week and we went around and talked about our experiences. I said that I came here to lose weight, and I did, but that's not what I got out of being here. I was a very unhappy person when I came and I didn't feel very good about myself. Now I've gotten a lot of my confidence back because I did all of the things that I was positive I couldn't do. I'm a different person now than I was 2 weeks ago. I cried.
My goofy, hyper roommate cried when she talked too and she said she'd miss me so much and cried more. So then I cried more.
After graduation we did karaoke. I told them no way would I sing without alcohol, but I did...and I had so much fun. I had at least as much fun as I've ever had doing karaoke while drinking.
Here's Sophia and I singing Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Erin and I sang All Out of Love by Air Supply.

Allie did the best karaoke performance I have ever seen in my life. She did Shoop and is a good rapper. The karaoke guy said it was the best rapping he'd ever seen done and it was hilarious. I couldn't quit laughing.

Jessica and Allie did Ice, Ice Baby. This is Allie laughing at Jess's dance moves.

Jess and I sang Goodbye, Earl by the Dixie Chicks.

After karaoke Jess, Allie and I got in the hot tub for a while and just talked. Then I took Allie back to her condo because Sophia was tired earlier and went back. I was exhausted when I got back to my room and just went straight to sleep.
I will post about today (day 14) tonight once I'm home.

3 comments:

  1. I love you and I'm going to miss you! You should be SO PROUD of yourself and everything you did here. You rocked on the hikes, you rocked on the treadmill (running!!) and you rocked the mic last night during karaoke. Keep it up, girl, because you're worth it!!! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face is glowing in these pictures!!! You look and sound so great! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your new friends. Love the pictures! Karaoke looked like alot of fun! Good for you! I love you so much and I'm so, so happy that you had such a great experience!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair!!!! Your mom's right, you're glowing in these pics and it's amazing how much you can see your change in confidence in your face from the first day to the last day. I'm so happy for you, and I know you're going to continue to do really well when you get home!

    ReplyDelete